- raw rice/ponni rice-1/2cup
- moong dhal/pasi paruppu-1/4cup
- cumin seeds-1tsp
- curry leaves-1 strand
- soak rice and moong dal in water for 10mins.
- after 10mins,take a pressure cooker put the rice,moong dal,salt,water and milk.pressure cook upto 3 or 4 whistles.
- once pressure drop,open cooker and mash the rice with a laddle.
- take a kadai ,add oil and 2tsp of ghee,cumin seeds,pepper,curry leaves and cashew-nuts.
- add it to the pongal and mix well.
- drop some ghee on top of the pongal,mash and mix well.
- serve hot with toor dal sambar and coconut chutney.
- add more ghee on pongal, the taste is really good.