- besan/gram flour-2cup
- oil-for frying
- salt-to taste
- curry leaves
- red-chili powder-1/2tsp
- mix gram flour and water into a thick flowing batter.
- heat oil for deep frying.
- test whether the oil is hot by placing drop a little batter into the oil.
- it must rise up immediately.
- place the jalli karandi over the oil,it shouldn't touch the oil.
- take a karandi and pour the batter on the jalli karandi.
- small drops of boondis will fall in the oil.
- when the boondis change color,use the other jalli karandi to remove it on a paper towel.
- in the same oil fry the curry leaves and cashew-nuts.
- mix the boondis fried cashew-nuts,fried curry leaves,salt and red-chili powder.
- mix the kara boondi and powders.