|1st Jan 2012 Banana Flower Briyani|
Banana flower is a good for health.Banana flower briyani is better than other briyani varieties.This is my first time i tried this recipe.Briyani smells are really great.Some kids are not directly to eat the banana flower.Try this briyani and serve the kids.Kids are loved this briyani.Banana flower serves with "Coconut chuttney,Potato Masal,Curd Pachadi".This flower tried a lot of different varieties for eg: porial,cutlet,vadai.
Wish U A Very Happy New Year!!!!
- Banana Flower-1
- Briyani Rice/Samayal Rice-1cup
- Mixed Vegetables-1cup
- Large Onion-half
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves
- Salt-to taste
- Water-2 1/4cup
- Red-chili-5 or 6
- Water-a little bit
- Take a blender,drop all the grind ingredients and blend in a smooth paste.
How to clean the banana flower:
- Before u touch the banana flower for cleaning,either use gloves or apply seasame oil on both of ur hands thoroughly.This prevents ur fingers and nails turning black and ugly.
- Cut the pedals from flower take out the string at the center and choap into small pieces and soak in water to avoid turning dark.
- Soak and wash the basmathi/samayal rice for minimum 1 hour.
- Heat a pressure pan or cooker,add 6tsp of oil,grind paste and fry well.
- Add mint leaves,coriander leaves,curry leaves,onion and tomato fry well.
- Add finely chopped banana flower,mixed vegetables,salt and mix well.
- Add soaked rice and mix well.Add reuired amount of water and close the lid.
- Pressure upto 3 or 4whistles.Remove the lid for after 20minutes.
- After 20mins hot and serve ur loved ones.
- Sending this recipe to Global food festival, Sizzling taste buds
- Sending this recipe to HLI-Peas, Veg Junction
- Sending this recipe to Royal Feast Briyani, Kaarasaaram