Cabbage rice is one of the very popular South Indian rice.I prepared this cabbage only "Poriyal and Sambar".This is my first time i tried this recipe.Quick and easy way to prepare this method.A lot of homes are available in cabbage and peas.Any vegetable and I mix it with rice to make a quick lunch box item.We both enjoy these lunches and is very happy to find a different one.Kids are really loved this briyani.Very quick,easy and super tasty!! I am serve this recipe with "Cabbage Leaf".
- Shred Cabbage-2cup
- Basmathi rice/Samayal rice-1cup
- Green Peas-1/3cup
- Large onion-1/2
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves
- Salt-to taste
- Water-2 1/4cup
- Take a blender,drop all the grind ingredients and blend in a smooth or fine paste.
- Soak and wash the samayal rice for minimum 30 minutes.
- Heat a pressure cooker,add 6tsp of oil, grind paste and fry well.
- After raw smell goes out add mint and coriander leaves.
- Add finely chopped onions,tomatoes,shred cabbage,peas,salt and fry well.
- Add soaked rice ,water and mix well.Add some curry leaves or coriander leaves on top of the water.
- Close the lid and pressure upto 3 or 4 whistles.
- Hot and serve with "Curd Pachadi" .
- Sending this recipe to Fasting Day Menu #1 my event.
- Sending this recipe to Lets Cook #11 ~ Rice, Tickling Palates
- Sending this recipe to Royal Feast Briyani, Kaarasaaram
- Sending this recipe to HLI-Peas, Veg Junction