Fish kulambu is a traditional South Indian dish.This fish kulambu recipe is from mom.Fish kulambu cooked in spicy and delicious gravy made with onion,tomatoes,coconut and fresh blend of spices powder sauteed in sesame oil which brings out that finger liking flavor and taste.Fish Kulambu is also known as "Meen Kulambu" in "Tamil Nadu".A lot of indians likes to prepare the fish kulambu in pot.The fish kulambu taste even better the next day.Fish is a high protein,low-fat food that provides a range of health benefits.I like a fish head.I like to eat fish kulambu from my childhood.This dish serve with "Boiled Rice".Ingredients:
- Tilaphi head/tail-4
- Large Onion-1
- Tamarind-lemon size
- Coriander Powder-4tsp
- Red-chili Powder-2tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Fenugreek seeds-1/4tsp
- Curry Leaves-1strand
- Sesame oil-4tsp
- Take a blender,drop the coconut,tomato,onions,all powders and water to grind a fine paste.
- Extract the tamarind juice and mix it with a ground paste.
- Clean the fish and rub it with turmeric powder.
- Heat a pan,add 3tsp of sesame oil,fenugreek seeds,curry leaves and finely chopped onions.
- After onions comes in golden brown add the tamarind juice paste,salt and curry leaves.
- Then add the ground paste with some water.This has to bubble for atleast 20mins.
- Then add the fish of ur choice and close the lid.Cook the curry till the fish is cooked for about 10 to 15mins.
- After 15mins switch off the flame.Pour the remaining 1tsp of sesame oil on the fish kulambu and close it with a lid and enjoy.
- The fish kulambu taste even better the next day.