- Large onion-half
- Coriander powder-2tsp
- Red-chili powder-1 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
- Tamarind water-1/3cup
- Shred coconut-1/3cup
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-for frying
- Take a blender,add shred coconut,cinnamon,cloves,aniseeds,ginger and water.Blend in a smooth paste.
- Brinjal cut into 4 sides.
- Take a pan,add 1/4 cup of oil.oil comes in heat add brinjal and fry well.Take a brinjal from oil and place it to the bowl.
- Take a non-stick pan,add oil,mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- After popping the seeds add finely chopped onion and tomatoes.
- Add fried brinjal,tamarind water,salt,turmeric powder,coriander powder and mix well.Boil 3mins.
- After 3mins add some amount of water.Boil 10mins.
- Add coconut paste and mix well.Boil 10 mins.
- Hot and serve with "Boiled Rice".