- Idli Batter-1cup
- Large Onion-1/2
- Idli Rice-3cup
- Urad Dal-1/2cup
- Fenugreek Seeds-1/2tsp
- Baking Soda-1/2tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Soak and wash the idli rice,urad dal,fenugreek seeds for minimum 7hrs.
- Then grind them to a fine thin batter by adding little water.
- Add salt,baking soda to it ad leave it covered for 7hrs for fermentation.
- After 7hrs ur idli batter is ready.
- Finely chopped the onions.
- Place a idli batter in a bowl,add 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Place batter in a dosa pan,add finely chopped onions.Sprinkle some oil on edges and center.
- Slowly turn on other sides.Reduce the low flame.Slowly cook on the onion.
- Hot and serve with "chicken kulambu,sambar".