Toor and channa dal tomato chuttney is a different taste.The same ingredients to prepare the tomato chuttney(except: Toor and channa dal).Quick,easy and simple.I am serve this recipe with"Dosa,Idli,Curd Rice and Boiled Rice".
- Toor Dal-1tsp
- Channa Dal-1tsp
- Red-chili-2 1/2
- Cumin Seeds-1/4tsp
- Pepper Corns-a few
- Shred Coconut-1/4cup
- Tamarind-a few
- Curry Leaves
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-for frying
- Asafoetida-a pinch
- Take a cutter and finely chopped the onions and tomatoes.
- Heat a pan,add 1/2tsp of oil,toor dal,channa dal and fry well.
- Dal turns in golden color add finely chopped onions,tomatoes,cumin seeds,red-chili,garlic,pepper corns and fry well.
- After 5mins switch off the flame.
- In a blender,drop fried ingredients,shred coconut,salt,tamarind,water and blend in a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan,add 1tsp of oil,mustard seeds,curry leaves and asafoetida
- Place a chuttney in a bowl,drop the poppy seeds and serve it.