- Rice flour-1cup
- Urad dal flour-1/4cup +2tsp
- Cumin Seeds-1/4tsp
- sesame seeds-1/4tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-for frying
- Place a rice flour in a bowl,add urad dal flour,cumin seeds,sesame seeds,butter,salt ,water and mix well.
- Take a dough in smooth paste.
- Dough divided into small balls.
- Take a plastic sheet.Grease it with little oil/ghee.Form a small ball from the dough and place it on the sheet.
- Grease your fingers and press the ball with your fingers to flatten it.
- Take a pork spoon just punch a small hole.If u are not punch a thattai,thattai comes in small poori shape.
- Drop it gently in heat oil.
- The oil will bubble and slowly the thattai will come on the surface.
- Turn them to cook until comes golden yellow.Drop them on a paper towl to drain excess oil.
- Once cooled,stored in a air tight container.
- Hope and enjoy ur recipe :)
- The same dough to prepare muruku.
- No muruku press in my home.so,i can try this type of thattai shape.you also try this different shape or muruku.36 thattais comes in small dough.