Bajji is the simplest sanck we can make to have in the evenings.During winter seasons we really want something hot in the evening.I had so many varieties of bajji but for all the batter is same.Plantain bajji,Onion bajji is a popular delicious snacks in India,especially in South Indian.Learn how to make Plantain bajji,Onion bajji by following this recipe.Bajji can be made with "Potato,Onion,Bell Pepper,Bread,Cauliflower,Brinjal" to suit the taste of ur guests.It is a spicy and delicious evening snack and serve as a great appetizer for any party or function.You can serve Bajji with "Coriander chuttney,Coconut chuttney,Bajji kurma" are great too.Ingredients:
- Besan Flour/Gram Flour/Kadalaimavu-7tsp
- Rice flour-3tsp
- Red-chili Powder
- Salt-to taste
- Plantain/Raw Banana-1
- Sweet Onion/Red Onion/Yellow Onion-1
- Baking soda-1/4tsp
- Oil-for frying
- Peel away the skin of the plantain,Onion and cut them into round shape.You can also use it as a whole but i cut it for easy handling.Thick slice them length wise and keep it ready for use.
- Combine the gram flour,rice flour,red-chili powder ,salt and mix well.
- Add water and mix them into a thick batter.The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in kadai,dip the plantain slices,Onion slices in the batter and drop them in the hot oil.Deep fry to a golden brown and remove on a tissue papper to take off excess oil.
- Hot and serve ur loved ones.
- I did not use the Baking soda.