Tomato rice is a very delicious and simple to prepare recipe.Coriander powder give a lot of flavor and rich taste.Quick,easy and super tasty!!!.
- Large Tomato-2
- Raw Rice/Briyani Rice-1cup
- Large Onion-1
- Cumin Seeds-1/2tsp
- Poppy Seeds-1/4tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander Powder-2tsp
- Gram masala-1/4tsp
- Curry Masal Powder-1/4tsp
- Green chili-4 or 5
- Turmeric Powder-1/2tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Water-2 1/4cup
- Oil-6 or 7tsp
- Soak and wash the rice for minimum 1hr.
- Heat a pressure cooker,add 6tsp of oil,cumin seeds,aniseeds,garlic and poppy seeds.
- After popping the seeds add sliced onions,curry leaves,green chili and finely chopped tomatoes and fry well.
- Add all powders,salt and fry well.
- Add soaked rice,water,curry leaves and mix well.
- Close the lid and pressure upto 3 or 4 whistles.
- After 4 whistles remove the lid and serve it.