Today i have to celebrate my pongal festival in home.Chakkarai pongal recipe is a sweet pongal recipe with rice lentil and milk cooked together in ghee and jaggery.Here is the chakkarai pongal recipe that i prepared in the pressure cooker.
- Raw Rice-3/4cup
- Yellow Moong Dal-1/3cup
- Milk-1 1/4cup
- Water-2 1/4cup
- Soak and wash the raw rice and moong dal for minimum 10mins.
- Take a pressure cooker,drop the raw rice,moong dal,water,1tsp ghee and close the lid.
- Pressure upto 3 or 4 whistles.
- After 4 whistles remove the lid mix and mash well.
- After switch on the flame add 1 1/4 cup of milk,ghee,grated jaggery and mix well.
- Add fried cashew-nuts,raisins and mix well.
- Hope and enjoy ur Sweet Pongal.
- Milk and Ghee gives rich taste to the Chakkarai pongal.
- The quantity of water will depend on the quality of rice used.
- The color and taste of the pongal will depend on the quality of jaggery you use.
Linking it to
- Tickling Palates,Radhika,Let's Cook #11 ~ Rice