- Rice flour-4cup
- Urad dal powder-1cup
- Asafoetida-a pinch
- Curry leaves-1strand
- Channa dal (soaked)-2tsp
- Red-chili powder-4spoon
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-for frying
- Soak the channa dal for an hour.
- Mix together the rice flour,urad dal,asafoetida,red-chili powder,curry leaves,channa dal,salt and melted butter with water.
- It should be like chapatti dough.The dough should be thick.
- Take a lemon size ball of the dough,flatten it and make it into a circular shape with hand and make holes with the fork.
- Heat a pan with oil and put the thattai one by one.
- Deep fry them till they are crisp and comes in golden brown.
- Transfer the thattai from oil and place it to the paper towel.
- Hot and serve with "Coffee and Tea time".